A Responsive Feeding Approach to Supporting Picky Eaters and Their Families
Finding Mealtime Peace when picky eaters are at family meals.
Explore this essential topic with Marsha Dunn Klein, OTR/L, MEd., FAOTA from The Get Permission Institute.
Mealtimes are about nourishment- but more than just calories. We will look at mealtimes through a responsive feeding lens, which focuses on relationships, connections, internal motivation, autonomy, and enjoyment. We will explore the challenges picky eating poses to children and parents, and share practical strategies that can help families move towards positive and peaceful mealtimes.
By the end of this presentation participants will be able to:
- Define principles of responsive feeding and Get Permission Approaches to feeding.
- Define the challenges picky eating poses to children and parents.
- Define Mealtime Peace as a starting point for positive mealtimes.
- List strategies that support both children and parents for mealtime enjoyment and success.
Webinar time: 3pm - 4:30pm EST
LMHCs and LMSWs who attend the webinar will be eligible to receive 1.5 CEU contact hours through the NYU Silver School of Social Work.
- Participants must attend the webinar via computer to receive full credit
- To reduce the delays in obtaining CEUs, attendees must join the webinar using the same email address used to register
- Eligible participants will be sent an email at the conclusion of the webinar series with further direction as to where they will be able to complete the CEU process, pay the $25 CEU registration fee to the NYU Silver School of Social Work, and access the CEUs online